One of the things I get asked the most often which is also one of the most popular hacks I have is how I roast my green beans! They are so fast and so easy and so incredibly delicious. Want to know the best part? I roast them straight from a frozen bag!!!
All I do is open a bag of Trader Joe’s frozen french cut green beans (i think french cut are the best kind) and dump them onto a giant sheet pan. take off any large ice chunks you see but don’t sweat it if there’s still some frostbite. It will sizzle off in the oven.
I pop them in a 400° oven for about five minutes to defrost. I then pulled them out and toss them in EVOO. Put them back in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Pull them out, shake them around, and put them in for an additional 10 minutes. This gives you a very wonderfully crispy green bean. Decrease the roasting time if you don’t want them quite so crispy. Top at the end with fresh ground sea salt and you have the most delicious side to any meal! I always, always have at least one bag in my freezer.
P.S—they reheat in the oven (or even in the microwave!) like a dream!
Roasted Green Beans
- French Cut Green Beans
- Sea Salt
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Step 2 Place frozen green beans on a giant sheet pan. Take off any large ice chunks
- Step 3 Pop them in the oven for 5 minutes to defrost
- Step 4 Pull them out of the oven, toss in EVOO and roast for 15 minutes
- Step 5 Pull them out, shake them around and roast for an additional 10 minutes
- Step 6 Top at the end with fresh ground sea salt