This one has mushrooms + green pepper + white onion all sautéed in butter. Honestly, it’s the @bertasbread in the bottom that makes this. The bread really does matter!
Here’s the recipe for my NTK WESTERN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
6 eggs + 2 c milk + 1 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp pepper + approx. 1 c diced mushrooms + 1/2 diced onion + 1 diced green pepper + 1.5 c cheese of choice + 2-3 slices of bread + 1 tbs butter **I used @bertasbread
**I used organic whole milk
**I used fresh grated grass fed sharp cheddar cheese from @traderjoes
**Feel free to add anything you like! Make any substitutions
1. spray 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray (I used coconut oil spray)
2. Saute the diced onion and mushrooms and green pepper in the butter until nice and caramelized
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, S&P
4. Tear the bread into pieces and line bottom of casserole dish
5. Add the peppers, mushrooms, onion (or your toppings of choice), and cheese
6. Pour the egg mixture over the top
cover and leave in fridge till ready to bake (I like the make the night before and refrigerate over night)
7. bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes (or check to make sure the middle is set and no longer runny)
8. Call it DONE and serve!
**Reheats great in the microwave to enjoy all week!