This time the only change I made was adding 3 tbs ground flax instead of 2. I used dark chocolate covered cacao nibs from @traderjoeslist, but other times I just use mini chocolate chips. Do what’s easy! If you are missing something, don’t sweat it, leave it out!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2.5 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbs ground flax seed
- 1 tbs hemp seeds (optional)
- 1-2 tbs brewers yeast (optional, I actually leave it out but great for nursing mamas!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tbs melted coco oil
- Mix all ingredients together and allow to harden in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll into bite sized balls on a cookie sheet/plate lined with parchment/wax paper (*this part is sort of tricky, I use both hands and really have to mold them tight*)
- Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for them to harden for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and store in the freezer.
- Take one out whenever you need a quick snack and allow 5 minutes to soften if it’s too hard to bite right away
NOTES: make them #glutenfree by using gluten free oats, if you don’t have ground flax seed or chia seeds don’t stress, just leave them out, I use @traderjoeslistcrunchy salted PB (and consider this the best PB around aside from Kate’s Fancy Peanut Butter, of course 😉) #