I took a jar of this goodness over to my sister-in-law Meredith and she called me on my way home asking for the recipe! It’s so good and extremely easy and VERY versatile.
Can I tell you some good news? It really is pretty hard to ruin granola. Use any nut you like. Use muesli or oats. Craisins or raisins. Be free, go wild! I will say, DON’T LEAVE OUT THE GINGER! It adds the most amazing flavor and spice.
YOU WILL NEED:
THE DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 3.5 c old-fashioned oats or muesli
- 1/3 c chopped pecan
- 1/3 c chopped almonds (I used the sliced kind from @traderjoes)
- 1/3 c chopped walnuts
- 1/3 c raw pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs chia seeds (optional)
- 2 tbs hemp hearts (optional)
- 1/4 c organic raisins (omit this if you use muesli since muesli contains raisins)
- 1/2 c to 1 c shredded coconut (optional but we LOVE it!)
THE WET INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 c melted coconut oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs molasses (**if you don’t have molasses, just double the honey)
- 1 tbs maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir well
- Lay out in a single layer on a parchment paper lined large baking sheet, the biggest sheet you’ve got! If you don’t have a large sheet pan, I suggest splitting this between 2 pans. Maybe rotate them halfway through as to which one is on top and which is on the bottom.
- Bake at 275 for 1 hour (if you know you’ve got an especially hot oven, cook at 250)**
- Remove and let cool thoroughly (the mix will look very wet; allow ample time to cool/dry)
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy for weeks!!
Let me know if you make this! Hope you enjoy.