So easy, and delicious! I served this when Nate’s cousin Hank was in town and we had zero leftovers.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 boxes fresh tortellini; I get the kind that comes in the refrigerated section, each box is 10 oz. (I used one spinach and one cheese, but you could use all the same kind; **see note below if you use two different kinds)
- 1/3 c fresh pesto (remember my easy hack for freezing pesto!)
- S & P to taste
- fresh basil, julienned (optional)
- 1/2 c fresh parmesan, grated
- cook pasta according to directions (**NOTE: if you are using two different kinds, be sure to note if they have different cooking times! I cooked the cheese first, which said it took 5-7 minutes, then spooned them out and threw the spinach into the boiling water, as they only needed 1-2 minutes)
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and stir in the pesto
- Add S&P, parmesan
- garnish with basil
Serve with a side of warm, crusty bread and a big arugula salad!