**THIS ONE IS SUPER RANDOM BUT I WANTED TO SHARE IT TO CONTINUE TO INSPIRE YOU TO USE WHAT YOU’VE GOT AND TRY NEW THINGS!!
1. Sauté 1/2 diced white onion + 1 c chopped mushrooms + 2 cloves garlic* in some EVOO in 6 quart pan
2. Add 1 box COOKED whole-grain rotini and peas**
3. Add 2 heaping tablespoons pesto + 1/3 c diced sun dried tomatoes + 1/2 c grated gouda*** + splash of half & half + S&P
4. Top it off with toasted pine nuts (I bought already toasted from @traderjoes)
* I buy the frozen Dorot cubes of garlic from @traderjoes; this season of life does not lend itself to chopping fresh garlic
** When the pasta had 1 minute to go, I threw in a heaping cup of frozen peas; they soften quickly in boiling water and aren’t small enough to go through the strainer when you drain the pasta
*** I used gouda because that’s what I had and it was about to go bad. Use any cheese you like! Parm would be dreamy
****I didn’t actually measure anything…those are my rough guesstimates. Sorry. But it’s pasta, and cheese, and pesto. You really can’t mess it up!!
Hope you get a chance to try this! Add or subtract whatever your heart desires. We served it over mixed greens with a balsamic glaze drizzle (are you even surprised!?). Goodnight friends!
1/2 white onion
1 C mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1 box whole grain rotini
1 C peas
2 TB pesto
1/3 C sun dried tomatoes
1/2 C grated gouda
Splash of half & half
Toasted Pine Nuts