YOU WILL NEED:
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 frozen garlic cube (I get these @traderjoes but feel welcome to use any garlic form you have; you basically want one minced clove)
- juice of half a lemon (or 1-2 tbs lemon juice)
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- approx. 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- approx. 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- approx. 1/4 tsp curry powder
- S&P to taste
- Combine frozen garlic cube, lemon juice + EVOO + red wine vinegar
- Grab a pack of chicken breasts (I usually do 2, but I think this recipe would stretch to do 3 breasts no problem) and season generously with the following dried seasonings: oregano, thyme, curry, S & P.
- Place the chicken in the crockpot, pour the wet mixture over the breasts, and let cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Come back, shred the chicken, and leave it in the crockpot on WARM till dinner time.
The chicken is super juicy and the vinegar/EVOO mixture left in the crockpot is perfect for serving over quinoa, couscous, or rice. I loved having the leftovers on a greek inspired wrap and then later on over a salad.