I made this recently and it was so delicious I stuck half in a jar to take to mom. She approved! It also happens to be #dairyfree, #paleo, #glutenfree, #whole30 and all the other things (we are fairly dairy and gluten full over here but I always love when I can share a recipe for people who can’t tolerate them).
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 bags of pre-chopped butternut squash from Trader Joe’s (approx. 4 cups, give or take); you can also use frozen cubed squash! I have been buying it from Whole Foods and it works great. You could also roast an entire butternut squash. Basically, there are many options.
- 1 sweet onion
- 1-2 apples, roughly chopped, no need to peel
- 2 tbs olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 c broth
- 1/2 can to one full can full-fat coconut milk (depending on how thick and creamy you like your soup)
- toss the squash, onion, and apple in the EVOO (season with a little salt and pepper)
- roast for 30 minutes at 400 for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through
- once done roasting, throw it in the blender with everything else. yep, all of it! turn it on and blend, adding the coconut milk to desired thickness
*Yields approx 4 cups
That’s it! Let me know if you try it and hope you enjoy it!