I have been asked about snacks for the summer for the little people. Thought I would share a few simple, budget friendly things we are keeping well stocked to prevent all the hangry children. A few are homemade, but the majority are store bought because, well, I’m 22 weeks pregnant and plan to do a large amount of napping.
I am going to link many of them to amazon to make it simple, but know that I found almost all of them at my local Target.
- Larabars…my kids beg for them. I love the minimal ingredient list. They go on sale so many places for $1/bar, and you can find them at Target or on Amazon in bulk for $1/bar.
- Squeeze apple sauces…you can find these basically anywhere and we love them for on the go. I linked them on Amazon, but they are cheaper at Target.
- Squeeze Greek yogurt…it’s nearly impossible to find plain flavored but still an awesome option.
- Cheese sticks…again, any local grocery store has them and they are perfect for on the go.
- Whole-grain pretzel sticks…I am linking my favorites. They are more expensive on Amazon, but I have a hard time finding them in stores in SC. These in particular have so few ingredients and are so crunchy! We also get the honey-wheat pretzel sticks from Trader Joe’s weekly.
- Annie’s organic cheddar bunnies
- Mini Perfect Bars…can order on their website
- Hummus and whole-grain pita/naan
Now for the homemade:
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Popsicles **honestly these are too easy not to make!
- Mini to-go parfaits
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Smoothie
- Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie
- Roasted chickpeas
Trader Joe’s Favorites:
- Honey-wheat pretzel sticks
- 5-seed almond bars
- Organic Turkish figs
- Organic raisins
- Just mango dried mango
- Freeze fried mango, strawberry, or raspberries
- Edamame hummus and whole-grain pita bread
- Organic yogurt squeeze tubes frozen to become popsicles
A few things to consider buying:
- 2 pack stainless steel cups with lids/straws for little smoothie drinkers. Will keep them cold for hours!
- 100 count popsicle pouches for easy popsicles with fruit juice
- PackIt freezable lunch bag to keep everything nice and cold on these hot days