YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 jar @traderjoes salsa verde
- 1/2 jar @traderjoes tomato-less corn salsa
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- (optional) red pepper flakes if you want to turn up the heat
- Set it on LOW and come back 4-6 hours later to shred it
- Set it to warm till supper time
- Serve over rice (I think this would be best since it’s so juicy), or a salad, or stick it in a quesadilla.
We had it in quesadillas because that sounded so dreamy and comforting but I think this would actually go best over rice. The chicken is just so juicy and has a lot of great liquid from the salsas that rice would soak up well.
Had the last of it today over a simple kale salad with red pepper flakes and tortilla chips. (I haven’t been wanting salads but this lettuce needed eating and being topped with loads of chicken and chips on the side made it way less salad-y)
I am already dreaming of other things I could add! Black beans, a drained can of diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro and avocado at the end. So many options!