*This picture right here, everything in it came out of the freezer (my mom made the homemade blue corn bread, which I wrapped in tinfoil and reheated in the oven).
Dinner sat on the counter and defrosted all day, then all I had to do was heat it up. Perfect on a Wednesday (they always feel so long!).
Before I share the recipe, 2 things to note:
1. You can absolutely add more chicken if you want more meat. I use one pack of chicken breasts (about 1 pound).
2.This recipe requires ZERO CHOPPING! How amazing is that?
NTK NO CHOP CHILI
YOU WILL NEED
- 6 cups (48 oz.) of chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 6 cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 ounces salsa (any brand, heat level of choice, BUT I highly suggest one being Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde or some other brand of salsa verde); I also suggest using chunky salsas
- 4 tsp cumin
- 1 (16 oz) bag of frozen corn
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 package (approx 1 lb.) raw chicken breasts, thawed (but if still frozen that’s ok too)
- Simply combine everything in the crock pot, stir stir stir, and leave on low for about 6-8 hours.
- Come back, fish out the chicken breasts, shred them, then add them back in.
- Stir, stir, stir.
- Add more S&P if you think it needs it, set the crock pot to “warm” and leave it till dinner time!
*Goes great with shredded cheese, sour cream, corn bread, or tortilla chips.