This is the “recipe” for last weeks’ riced cauliflower with chicken sausage. I actually didn’t use a recipe, but am trying to remember what I did from memory. I am not giving you an ingrediant list besides the bare necessities so you can use what you have on hand to make it yours.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 package chicken sausage
- 1/2 an onion, any variety
*I buy the frozen cauliflower rice from Trader Joe’s and these particular sausages are their sun-dried tomato variety. Actually, all the ingredients are from @traderjoes, but are you surprised?
- I started by sautéing the chicken sausage and half of a diced red onion in some coconut oil. I then took those out of the pan and put aside on a plate.
- It takes about 10-15 minutes or so in a saute pan to cook to rice. While it sautes, I add whatever I want! So in this case, a huge dollop of pesto (probably 2-3 tbs), the last of the cherry tomatoes, and a little later in the sautéing, loads of parm. Oh, and S&P.
- You could easily add anything leftover you are trying to get rid of (steamed broccoli, brussels, etc.) or add some fresh kale close to the end so it doesn’t cook too long and get gooey. Or garlic! Or red pepper flakes! Or sundried tomatoes! So many options. Be brave!
- When the cauli rice was almost done, I added the sausage and onion back to the pan and tossed it all together. Viola! Pesto-chicken sausage-cauliflower rice.