Katie’s Favorite Chicken Noodle Soup
Hello All! As promised, here is the recipe for my dear friend Katie’s “Favorite Chicken Noodle Soup”
BUT, before I post it, I need to brag on Katie. She just blows me away. Y’all have you heard of Sous Vide cooking? Well, Katie got one as a gift and noticed that there are parts not sold with the Sous Vide that you need. So she DESIGNED A KIT. Like, actually has a manufacturer and everything. And now, she’s the TOP SELLING KIT ON AMAZON. I mean, amazing. She’s a boss. OK, done bragging on you @forgood.sousvide.
YOU WILL NEED (note: I divided the ingredients list into 2 parts)
FIRST, THE CHICKEN:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast tenders
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
NOW, FOR THE SOUP:
- 3 tbs EVOO
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic
- Big pinch of salt
- 32 ounces of chicken stock (I used my homemade organic bone broth)
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups noodles of your choice (We used @traderjoes whole-wheat rotini)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken tenders in 4 large baking dish lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle with spices.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the chicken at the half way point.
- Once cooked, pull into small chunks using two forks. While the chicken is baking prepare the soup.
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed soup pan over.
- Add carrots, celery, and onion, and cook – stirring occasionally – for 8-9 minutes.
- Add garlic and salt and cook for another minute before adding the bay leaf, water and chicken stock.
- Increase heat to high, bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, stir in noodles, and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and the pasta al dente.
- Stir in cooked chicken, dill, and lemon juice. Taste soup to adjust seasonings.
- Serve with a warm crusty bread or a simple salad!