I am a brownie person. I LOVE them. All of them. I really don’t discriminate. I buy the 6 pack box of Ghiradelli Brownie mix from Costco so that we are always stocked and ready for any occasion where brownies are needed, which is most occasions. I love that you need very few ingredients that I most always have on hand.
These particular brownies came to me in a dream and my goodness are they delicious! I am going to tell you what I did, but then also give you a few ideas that people told me when I posted about these in my stories. Whichever method you choose, you don’t be disappointed.
I do want to mention as well, that these are very easily adaptable for Christmas. You can use Ghiradelli peppermint squares (just break them up), or Ghirdelli peppermint chunks or Andes peppermint baking chips. So many options!
- Mix the brownie mix according to package directions, then add 1 c of whichever peppermint chocolate above you choose.
- Bake according to brownie box directions.
- Optional (but I highly suggest because it makes them decadent): add a layer of chocolate frosting, then sprinkle with extra peppermint chips
- Mix the brownie mix according to package directions, then add 1/2 c of whichever peppermint chocolate above you choose.
- Bake the brownies according to the box, then right when you take them out of the oven, pour 1 c peppermint chips of choice (or line the peppermint squares) and allow the chocolate to melt on the brownies for 5 minutes. Once melted, use a spatula to spread the chocolate peppermint layer around.
- Allow to cool, then cut.
- The chocolate will harden into the most dreamy peppermint layer on top. YUM!
**This method is if you are using a peppermint bar/bark of any kind; these will come out like my Symphony Brownies, but Peppermint Edition!
- Mix the brownie mix according to package directions.
- Pour HALF of the batter into the greased pan, then layer the peppermint bar, then pour the remaining half of the brownie batter on top and spread it out with a spatula.
- Bake according to box directions, but you will likely need to add on around 10 minutes to the baking time. I test for doneness using a toothpick into the middle of the pan.
NEED MORE TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST BROWNIES EVER, INCLUDING THE BEST TOOL TO CUT THEM?
Andes Brownies (using boxed mix)
- Boxed brownie mix
- 1 c of whichever peppermint chocolate you choose.
- Chocolate frosting (optional)
- Step 1 Mix the brownie mix according to package directions, then add 1 c of whichever peppermint chocolate above you choose
- Step 2 Bake according to brownie box directions
- Step 3 Optional (but I highly suggest because it makes them decadent): add a layer of chocolate frosting, then sprinkle with extra peppermint chips