6-ingredient creamy tomato basil soup 🍅 🌿 🥣
I created this recipe on the spot after realizing I had some half and half we needed to use so I made this for dinner last night and it was delicious! It only took about 20 minutes and seriously beat out any boxed soup I have had. Homemade and easy, now that’s a win!
6-Ingredient Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbs butter (can sub olive oil)
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 16 oz. half and half
- 4 basil cubes (feel free to sub fresh basil
- I didn’t have any)
- 1 tsp salt
- Step 1 Sauté the onion in the butter till translucent (approx 5 minutes)
- Step 2 Add in everything else and allow it to heat through as you stir. On low heat, give it a good 5-10 minutes for all the flavors to come together and get nice and hot.
- Step 3 Then, (carefully), transfer to the vitamix and blend.
- Step 4 If you won’t enjoy till later simply transfer back to the pot and reheat when you’re ready.