Almost 5 years into marriage, I am learning (key word: *learning*) to embrace weekends such as this one. Nate is giddy with delight and has been watching all the highlight reels, reading all the articles, and gearing up for this momentous occasion. I sent him with a pimento cheese sandwich and classic cola to work to help get him in the spirit. This years’ motto is most definitely “if you can’t beat them, join them” so I’m trying me darnedest to go all in and embrace it.
Now, to the delicious smoothie set before you. It’s so good! It’s like a coffee frappuccino without all the sugars and syrups. If you were to use caffeinated cold brew, this baby would have you jiving hard at work! I stick to decaf not even so much for pregnancy but because I’m already too hyper as it is
MOCHA FRAPPUCINO SMOOTHIE
Makes approx 2 cups (a mason jar and a half) of smoothie
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3/4 c frozen, raw riced cauliflower
- 1/2 c (I just did one handful) frozen zucchini
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon + 2 tbs cocoa power
- 1-2 dates, pits removed (or 1-2 tbs maple syrup)
- 1.5 c cold brew + 1 scoop @vitalproteins
- *optional 1/4 avocado (I always add this when I have it on hand because it adds creaminess and great fats)
Blend on high in the vitamix and enjoy!!