The idea for adding apple cider vinegar was first shown to me by a dear friend in Durham, Lisa Dagley. Let me tell you what, it makes all the difference!
YOU WILL NEED:
- approx. 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1/2 c BBQ sauce of choice (I prefer Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold but any will do)
- 1/3-1/4 c (depending how “vinegary” you like it) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 a white onion, chopped (can sub any onion if you like), diced
- 1 tsp salt
- S&P to taste
- Start by putting the diced onion in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Mix BBQ sauce with apple cider vinegar.
- Add chicken to the crock pot and pour the BBQ mixture over chicken breasts.
- Add tsp salt and leave it in the crock pot on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Come back later, shred, and store it in the fridge all week.
We put it on EVERYTHING!