Hi friends! I have kept a saved instagram story highlight of my favorite Costco items for a couple years. I figured it would be easier to keep this on the blog for your reference. I was even able to link a few items to help you out!
FIRST, LET’S CHAT THE DANGER IN SPENDING TOO MUCH MONEY AT PLACES MEANT TO SAVE YOU MONEY:
For a while, I would shop at Costco, under the mentality of “BUY IT NOW, when will you be back?!” Obviously there are things you buy at Costco and save money, but it can also cost you a lot of money with this scarcity mindset. I have found that you save money at Costco the more often you go. The more often I go, I only buy things we actually need. It lessens the “I have to get this now urge” because it’s a good price. The knowledge that I’ll be back saves me from feeling the need to hoard things I don’t need yet.
When I go to Costco, I ask myself ‘Can I go one more week’? This is similar to the grocery shopping question of “can I go one more day?”…it helps keep me in check for buying lots of things I don’t need. If I can wait a week, I can wait till my next trip.
Secondly, think about the cost of space. Your space might not be worth the $0.50 to $1 you may be saving to store 16 cans of baked beans.
OK, now that I have said my peace about bulk buying, here are the items we frequently purchase at Costco. In no particular order…
- A2 organic whole milk (3 pack of half gallons)
- Stonyfield organic kids yogurt sticks. I freeze these and then cut them in half and each child gets a half in the bathtub. They love it!
- Kerrygold pure Irish butter. This goes I our toast every morning. It’d actually GOLD and it’s a great price. I also freeze this!
- Horizon organic half and half. I have yet to see a better price on this, it’s $2.99 for 1 quart
- Aidells chicken apple sausage. It’s our favorite and a great price here
- Hydroponic butter lettuce
- Lots of berries (again, a great price!)
- Bell pepper multipack
- 3 pack of English cucumbers (for the daily green)
- String cheese
- Chobani reduced sugar Greek yogurt
- Bel Gioso parmesan block
- Kirkland basil pesto that I put in smaller jars and freeze
- Kirkland organic frozen broccoli florets. I cook this in my Pampered Chef microsteamer. The kids love broccoli and they prefer steamed to roasted.
- Kirkland pepperoni pizza, 4 pack for Nate (4 pack cheese for the kids)
- Organic mango chunks (for the daily green)
- Organic wild blueberries
- Frozen Avocado Chunks
- Sambazon Acai Packets for smoothies
- Kirkland brand ice cream bars
- Kirkland organic apple cider vinegar, 3 pack
- Organic canned black beans, 8 pack, for black bean soup
- Organic whole wheat tortillas
- Kirkland organic maple syrup
- Kirkland kettle krinkle cut himalayan salt potato chips
- Kirkland trail mix snack packs, easy filling, on the go snacks for the kids and us
- Kirkland tellicherry black pepper grinder. Such a great thing to have on hand, use this every single day
- Kirkland brand applesauce pouches
- Diamond Krystal kosher salt, the best! I decant some into in a glass jar on the counter
- Banza pasta, 5 pack
- Ghirardelli triple chocolate brownies, 6 pack
- Hemp hearts and chia seeds
- Larabar multipack of peanut butter chocolate chip and chocolate chip cookie dough, 20 pack
- Simple Mills fine ground sea salt almond flour crackers. Can’t beat the price, they are scandalously more expensive at Whole Foods
- Veggie straws
- Kirkland organic coconut water. Such a great price point, I drink a lot in my collagen water
- Vital proteins pure collagen protein, unbeatable price
- Himalayan pink salt grinder
- Giant kirkland organic virgin coconut oil, I leave it in the sun so it melts, cut a tiny spout at the top and pour into smaller old coconut oil jars for easier size
- Nature’s own honey wheat bread, Nate prefers a nice fluffy bread
- Ahi wild yellow tuna fish packets
- Naan dippers for kids – I put the container right in the freezer and break it out as needed. I either microwave a few or put on the counter and they defrost fast so they don’t mold on you because there’s a lot in this container!
- Whisps parmesan cheese crisps
- Pure organic layered fruit bars (like fruit leather)
- Individual packs of Goldfish, Sunchips, and Pirates Booty
There are of course other items we get depending on the day and season but this list comprises most of our repeat purchases. I hope you found this helpful!