I think the secret is the dressing: 1/3 c EVOO + 1/3 c red wine vinegar. So simple!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 c evoo
- 1/3 c red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c diced cucumber
- 1/2 c diced peppers
- 1/2 c roasted (or simply drained and rinsed from a can) chickpeas
- 1/2 c Mediterranean flavored feta
other ideas, should you want to make a substitute or just add a little extra:
- diced tomato
- artichoke hearts
- shredded chicken
1. Cooked 1 c quinoa according to directions and let it cool. *(I cup uncooked quinoa yields about 3 cups cooked quinoa; *i always rinse my quinoa first to help it not get sticky and clump. You can also buy pre-washed quinoa. This is tricolor from @traderjoes.
2. Once cooled, I added the following: 1/2 c diced cukes + 1/2 c diced peppers + 1/2 c leftover roasted chickpeas** + 1/2 c @traderjoes Mediterranean feta***
3. Gave this all a hefty stir then added the dressing and stirred again. DONE!
Keeps in fridge approx. 4 days
This actually tastes better the next day since the flavors all marinate overnight 😍 and there are endless options to what you could add to it! Whatever you have on hand really. And don’t worry about it being exactly 1/2 c…if you’ve got a random few cherry tomatoes you need to use, add them! Handful of chopped kale? why not!
** I had leftover roasted chickpeas (recipe on blog) so I used them. I do think they add amazing flavor, but you could certainly just use raw chickpeas and call it done.
***you don’t have to use the flavored feta but if you live near a TJ’s woah baby I highly suggest it – it’s delicious! Perhaps other groceries also carry a similar product.
We enjoyed half of this tonight topped with avocado and I’ll save the other half to incorporate into tomorrow night’s meal.