It’s so easy, and can be served over pasta, rice, or quinoa. Nate loves it because it sort of reminds him on spaghetti. We call it “Bruschetta Chicken.” Hope you can give it a try! I will be honest, this has a very nice, mild taste. I think in the future I will go heavier on the balsamic, because I love it and like a kick to my food. This is the original way I have done it though, and it is a crowd pleaser in our family.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (I prefer petite diced when I have them)
- 1/4 c balsamic
- 1/4 c EVOO
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I use the frozen cubes from @traderjoeslist)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place 3-4 chicken breasts in the crock pot (can put a diced onion underneath if you desire but not necessary)
- pour everything else over the top!
- Set on LOW and allow 4-6 hours to cook
- shred and serve!
Goes great with quinoa or brown rice with roasted green beans on the side. Add a nice balsamic glaze drizzle on top because it’s fancy!